Friday 11 September 2009

Pigment Content


Thank you to Barbara Chandler for picking my laser etched cork as one of five exhibitors at 100%Design at the cutting edge...
...I'm looking for a paint with a high pigment content and good environmental credentials to paint the stand at 100% and still create a cutting edge look with the laser etched cork. The Farrow & Ball and The Little Greene ranges of paint have a much higher pigment content than many other paint brands. This will not only give a greater colour depth, but can soften the appearance of objects. I've experienced this (more extreme) quality of high colour pigmentation when I visited an exhibition by Anish Kapoor in 1998, at the Hayward Gallery. Coating jagged rocks with pure pigment colour (as I remember), it's effect was to turn very hard edged objects that intellectually you knew would do serious damage to you if you fell onto them - into softened almost marshmallow like mounds...