Tuesday 6 January 2015

Colour from the season - Sinecio Silver


A belated welcome to 2015!

Although it's slowed a little, I am as inspired by seasonal colour as I was when I started this journey in 2010, documenting the colours I found in flora and fauna. Like a slow revolution it affects my design work and uplifts my life.

This elegant plant, although only a half hardy garden perennial and so not built to withstand icy weather, nonetheless perfectly captures the colour and mood of a frosty January morning.

Sinecio cineraria, aka Silver Dust wears a felted coat of the palest silvery grey and patches of an unexpectedly vibrant green where the frost has bitten it. I found a pile of them dumped in the woodland a few months ago and so transplanted a few to my garden!





































...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.