Tuesday 23 October 2018

Botanical Greetings Cards

Finally I have had a moment to post about my Seasonal colour greetings cards which were printed in April..!





Each card features its unique colour palette from eight of the many plants and flowers I drew and documented here on my blog between 2010 and 2016.

I started this colour system in 2010 in order to move away from following global colour forecasting trends and instead start a more localised colour system to use in my own work and for the last two years I've translated many of these colours and images into dyes and hand printed textiles which I post as sampickard_textiles on Instagram.



It was incredibly hard to select just eight images out of so many I've drawn. In the end, I've chosen a few of my favourites! Read the original blog stories behind them by following the links below. Available to purchase in my online shop at http://sampickard.bigcartel.com/

Tea Rose - here
Dandelion - here
Marram grass - here
Pine cone - here

Spider Chrysanthemum - here
Sweet Pea - here
Gorse - here
Heather - here 

Thank you to those who have credited me when they have used my ideas as inspiration for their own work.

...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.