Wednesday 23 May 2012

Colour from the season - Geum pink

The pink of this Geum is set against the yellow of its anthers and red brown of the bud and stem, small but perfectly coloured. A friend gave me a clump of it last year - but I think I might have planted it in too shady a spot as so far its produced only two flower stems and now there's only one..!












































Screen Printing in the studio at the moment - Today I'm printing my new cushion collection

this one's called Budgie Love !


Next weekend (1st - 5th June - 10am - 4pm) I'm taking part in a group exhibition at the studio of the talented ceramicist Jacqueline Leighton Boyce in Dulverton. Three of us are invading her studio for 5 days during the Dulverton Folk Festival and of course the Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend!

More information visit www.jacquelineleightonboyce.co.uk. or email me for directions.

Just printed these cushions for the Devon Guild who will be exhibiting my new Recipe cushions, table runners and napkins at the Dartington Food Festival.
Designing them was enlightening as it involved reading lots of recipes and bills of fare from 1685, around the time that Samuel Pepys was writing his diaries and just after the Great Fire of London. They ate pretty much everything in those days!

To make Umble Pies?  I didn't know it was a real recipe...


























If you like this post - you can subscribe to Planet Sam by email :) here.


...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.