Friday 18 January 2013

Colour from the season - Oak leaf brown


Snow! Nearly everything was white in the woodland this morning except last seasons Oak leaves, still frozen to the trees. Every way I walked I noticed Oak leaves - splatters of warm brown on this icy January morning.

By the time Chip and I got back to the studio, it's hardly surprising that I'd decided these curling dead leaves might work brilliantly as a woodland/William Morris inspired repeat, to work as a backdrop for some new designs I've been creating, as well as (potentially!) to demonstrate the next Pattern Design post (Block Repeats). So a simple notebook page while I get on with the design - thank you snow..!







































































































































to be continued...

...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.