Friday 22 April 2011

Colour from the season - Fern brown

Occasionally drawing is more difficult. Hard to know why - whether it's the British weather (erratic!) or just my mood (erratic?). If I don't rate a drawing, then I don't like looking at it - so I just rip it up and start again. I haven't yet given up on a plant. Six rhododendron leaf drawings bit the dust before I finally arrived at the one on my (March) post, and today this hairy unfurling fern gave me a lot of trouble. So, while not the best drawing I've ever done - it's the first which survived the re-cycling bin. Luckily this doesn't happen too often, just after I drew a Clematis which was no trouble at all...

?












































(a Good Friday in the garden).

...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.