Sunday 3 April 2011

Colour from the Season - Viccy park Cherry blossom pink

This Cherry blossom is a bit special to me. The branch was broken off on the ground (looking dead), a while ago when I was in Victoria park in Bath. We grew up 2 minutes from the park and to my sister and me, it was our garden...in fact we thought we owned it. Today is mother's day, and I sketched the blossom (which miraculously - magically even, came into flower kept outside in a jug of water) for my mum...















































...to thank her for yanking me out of the duck pond when I was drowning, holding our hands tight and keeping us safe, turning a blind eye when she saw me smoking on the dodgems and my name sprayed on the back of the shelter, and loving us whatever. Perfect colours for her...




the day I found that branch - not a blossom in sight.


























...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.