Digitalis is used to make medicines for the treatment of heart conditions but it is also a deadly poison. All parts of the plant are highly toxic. It's slightly unnerving to handle plants which are this poisonous, especially when (as usual) I only discover the full degree of their toxicity after I've already drawn and dissected the plant.
the bumblebee who came into the kitchen to gather pollen from the foxglove while I was drawing.
(off to wash my hands again!)
...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.