Thursday 20 September 2012

Colour from the season - Bulrush brown

This Bulrush is in fact a Reed Mace, as everyone (apparently) misnames it, I thought I might as well too.

Whichever name it goes by, the sun was glancing off the burnt sienna heads and rich ochre leaves of this smaller slightly less invasive version in a friends pond in Bristol, so thanks Marion for letting me cut one off (there were only six). Fabulous colours for an interior design project perhaps ?! - that gold ochre is incredible!


















































A new profile photo as friends thought they were on the wrong blog/were worried about my sanity - so minus the specs (for the time being)...


(whilst listening to the album 'Here' by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - just got blasted with rainbow colours on their site - watch out for that!)



If you like this post - you can subscribe to Planet Sam by email :) here.



...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.