Saturday 4 May 2013

Colour from the season – Ash red

You'll be pleased to hear that I've been keeping an eye on the Ash trees in Devon, and after what seemed like an age – they've done this!  Every hoof–like bud has exploded into tiny little red fruit like flower, truly extraordinary and I can hardly believe that I've gone through my whole life without noticing this before, but that's the case.

A hurried sketch, but you get the idea I hope. Also, I should add that within a day (indoors) these flowers had become seeds - which I don't have time to draw, so photo below...


































See my previous post showing the Ash in bud here

Now heading off to a barn in the wilds of Devon to see Sheelanigig (think Balkan, Jazz, Folk mayhem) for a bit of a knees up! have a good wk/end.
...from my seasonal colour sample notebook.